Leave feedback for the new Guru Community

Leave feedback for the new Guru Community
Userlevel 3
Badge

Welcome to Guru’s new community, we’re excited you’re here. Here’s what you can expect during our early access period:

• You'll be part of a small, VIP group of initial members -- your active participation is greatly appreciated!
  • You'll receive a limited edition "Trailblazer" badge and bragging rights for being an OG community member :smirk: 

• It's a work in progress, so please share your feedback in the thread below.

Specific actions to take: 

1. Respond to existing posts, or create a new post
  2. Share your feedback in the comments below on how we can improve the experience of the new Guru Community. If you had a magic wand, what would you change? What’s confusing?
  3. Upvote a product feedback suggestion
    Please note: our Product Feedback area is still under construction, as we tidy up prior posts shared in Slack

Share any of your reactions, thoughts, or questions below in the comments.

Happy posting!

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey Guru team, I got an error when I tried submitting a reply: https://share.getcloudapp.com/9Zud6vNd

It was on this page: https://community.getguru.com/ideas/i-cannot-remember-if-i-ve-requested-this-before-so-apologies-if-i-m-repeating-m-3801

It erased what I wrote so I cannot get it back :( 

UPDATE: I just typed a different message and it successfully posted it. Still was a weird glitch the first time.

@Kristin Fretz thanks so much for letting us know! We’ll look into this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’d be interested in a category for broader knowledge management-related questions. As an example, I want to ask whether/how people primarily responsible for team-specific knowledge have helped other teams centralize/organize their knowledge. Since this isn’t specifically about Guru and how it works, though, there doesn’t seem to be a good category for this kind of question yet.

Thanks!

Great feedback @BethAnne Freund, thank you!

What if we modified the Q&A category description to something like “Ask and answer questions about Guru and knowledge management” and added a knowledge management tag? Would that work well you think?

For context, we’re trying to limit the number of categories at this stage, to make sure each category stays active and can fill up with lots of great discussions. As we see high, consistent volume of posts within certain tags or topics, we will definitely consider breakout dedicated categories.

Please keep the feedback coming everyone, don’t hold back! I’d love to hear what you’re liking the most about this new community, and what you’re finding most frustrating or confusing or missing so far that you’d love to see. Thank you 🙏

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Chris Anderson, that would work! I was thinking of the Q&A category initially, but didn’t go for it because the description specified questions about Guru.

@BethAnne Freund done, just updated the Q&A description - this is exactly the type of feedback we need during early access, thank again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

When creating a new Conversation, the app forces me to choose a category. There isn’t one for “Tips & Tricks” which my post should fall under, so I had to select Q&A, even though that’s not the appropriate one. Can you make it so that Category is not required, or there is the option for Other, or that Tips & Tricks gets added as a category?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Also, there is in an option for me to upload an .mp4 file to a post, I can only embed media if I have a URL. It would be nice to allow for .mp4 files to be uploaded (see error in screenshot below)

Great feedback, thanks @Gabriel Ginorio! Re: file uploads, we’ll pass along that request to inSided. In terms of a category for Tips & Tricks, we decided to rename that “Q&A” here since the majority of posts in Tips & Tricks (in Slack) started out as questions actually. We’re intentionally trying to keep the number of categories small for now, so each category remains active - what if we considered a different title and/or description for Q&A to be more inclusive of sharing tips as well?

For folks following this thread, I just posted a separate topic I’d love more feedback on (I know there are some strong opinions about this, so please don’t hold back :slight_smile:):  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Great feedback, thanks @Gabriel Ginorio! Re: file uploads, we’ll pass along that request to inSided. In terms of a category for Tips & Tricks, we decided to rename that “Q&A” here since the majority of posts in Tips & Tricks (in Slack) started out as questions actually. We’re intentionally trying to keep the number of categories small for now, so each category remains active - what if we considered a different title and/or description for Q&A to be more inclusive of sharing tips as well?

Thanks Chris. On the Q&A category name topic, it wasn’t immediately evident to me that this is where I should put my tip, but if I think deeper about the acronym Q&A, I guess my tip is really a type of proactive A. I guess it can stay as is and wait out if other people have the same confusion or not :)