Ability to exclude when searching

Related products: Navigation and Search

• What is the problem? Our entire company is using Guru, which is great, but it also means we have 3000+ cards. It is already overwhelming with some searches (hundreds of cards given Guru’s search strategy of alternate forms and synonyms). We have some collections that are integrations with other tools or where we know for certain the content we are looking for doesn’t live, so it would be great to be able to exclude content from the search from the outset or upon getting the results. 

• Who is it a problem for? All users

• How do you solve the problem today? Individually select all the collections it could possibly live in and/or wade through massive search results. 

• How would you ideally solve the problem? Give the option to exclude collections. I have also seen other request the ability to exclude tags (though we aren’t using tags significantly yet). 

• How big is the problem (business impact, frequency of impact etc.)? Anything we can do to craft our search results to make them more accurate and efficient is helpful.

If I can add to this request, a boolean search to be able to exclude terms would also be ideal!

OK I have more to add from users ha. 

• Something like Visual Studio Code search options would be amazing.
    Like “Match case”, “Match whole word”, “Use regular expression”.+ ability to have exact match + disable synonyms (or “typos”).
  • limiting the search to specific elements (like code blocks)

Hey @Guru - Please note we have two posts asking for filters that exclude rather than include!