Ability to revert Cards to older versions

Related products: Card Creation

I’d love if there was an option to revert Cards to past revisions in their history or create new cards out of said past revisions?

Hi Adrian! Kassidy from Guru Support here, thanks for sharing! Hopefully this post will get additional votes soon.

As an alternative for now, the best way to revert to a previous version will be to go to Card Details and open the version that you'd like to revert to, copy that Card content and paste it into the new version. You'll need to remove the red highlight which indicates Card changes, but otherwise that’s one way to manually achieve this. 👍

Good to know it'll carry everything over without issue. Things like iFrames had me wondering. Thanks for the tip!
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Hey there! Just adding 2 other use cases this could be helpful for our team! We use the workaround mentioned above!

1. When multiple authors have a card in draft, then make their card live without updating to the most recent version
  2. For our escalated bugs, from time to time the fixes have issues & we have to revert to previous versions of workarounds while ENG tests! 

I did this to myself today, made some updates on my laptop then went and did an update on my desktop, which had an older version opened, and overwrote my earlier changes 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes,i totally agree.

+1 to this - recently had a user rewrite a card for which I am author/verifier, and their changes are incorrect. I am going to have to completely copy/paste/overwrite over everything they wrote to correct it - worse still, it’s currently Published with these errors, just Unverified. But our users won’t know/check that!

Updated idea statusOpenAccepted

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve marked this feedback as “Accepted” since we do plan on adding this functionality to the card history. Once we have an estimated timeline, we’ll share it here.

OMG this is needed so badly. In fact, this is such a basic feature that is needed it was an assumption on my part that your platform could do this - I never even thought to check it.

So, to my surprise this morning when demoing to a team member we we spent a good 15 minutes trying to find a way to refuse changes and revert back to original card to no avail. I’m not sure how this was missed as a basic functionality but please add this ASAP. Thank you. 

@Sandy Tran do you have any update on timeline to deliver this functionality?

Sorry for the unpleasant surprise, @DEREK ARSENAULT! We put this feature on hold until we finish a technical rewrite of our editor. You can learn more about this project here:

In fact, I’m overdue for an update in that post. I held off posting an updated timeline because we’ve been adding resources this project and I’m hopeful I can share a more meaningful update in the next few weeks.

That said, perhaps we can talk over Zoom so I can hear more about your experience and needs drafting or updating cards. If you’re interested, here is my scheduling link: https://calendly.com/sandy-tran/30min

I’m going to move this post back to Open since realistically we’ll only be able to assess requests like this after we finish releasing our editor rewrite to all of our users. You can follow along with those updates in this post for more information. But keep the feedback and upvotes coming please!

AcceptedOpen

Hi! Just adding that this would also be super useful for our team. Thanks for looking into it!

Is it possible that when this feature gets worked on for the system to ask which version to keep in drafts?