Zapier Integration is great! could be even better with a new step 'Create folder'

Related products: Apps and Integrations

Hello,

It is wonderful to automate creating Guru cards which would otherwise be created manually based on a template.

What would be amazing is if we could have a step available in the Zapier integration to ‘Create new board’

Reason being, none of the cards we create belong to an existing board, so it’d all be part of the same workflow;

>‘Trigger’
>>’Create Board’
>>> ‘Create Article’ (in new board)

Hope this can be considered.

Thanks,

Ewan

Makes a lot of sense, @Ewan Farry. While this is not on our immediate roadmap, others have expressed a similar need, so we will be sure to keep this on our radar and will let you know as soon as we decide to prioritize this additional action. 

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

@Jon Saft, it would be great if we could have some similar zap functionality as we have with google drive and searching folders. 

For example, when I add a client to Guru (we record their nuances and process in Guru), we have Zapier search a specific heirarchy of folders for the client name, if it’s not there, it adds the folder, and then subsequent folders as directed. 

With Guru, would love to search a Guru Collection => Board for a client name, if not there, add a Board with the client name.

Then, if it’s a particular type of client, we want to create the structure in Guru automatically… creates section, then add a card to the section, all automatically. 

It would be great if we could just duplicate a board in Guru, with sections/cards already in place for this, but a Zap could work too.  Unfortunately if we have repeat structures in Guru, you have not given us a way to duplicate them easily.  Super tough to scale this in Guru when we have to go and manually add a board, create the section, then add the cards we want manually.  This is a huge consumption of time.  

Totally makes sense @David Perry, and thanks for the additional context.

Similarly to my response on the original post, we don’t have any immediate plans to create additional triggers or actions in our Zapier app right now, but we are always re-evaluating the needs there and assessing our priorities relative to everything else. This has been added to our list, and I will update this thread if and when we look to update our Zapier app. 

@Jon Saft any improvements to the Zapier integration to include creating a board or any alternative approaches to this?

@Ewan Farry unfortunately adding more functionality to the Zapier integration is not a top priority for us at the moment, but I will be sure to keep this thread updated if and when anything changes there. 

Thanks for following up!

@Jon Saft Thanks for confirming.

If there was an update to your API to allow creation of a board, as you allow for cards, this would be just as helpful and it needn’t be a Zapier specific update.

Hey @Ewan Farry 👋

Thanks for the feedback! We actually do have an API endpoint that allows you to create boards. It will be included in our next round of updates to our API documentation. In the meantime, here are the details:

POST https://api.getguru.com/api/v1/boards

Request Body:

{
"title":"{boardTitle}",
"collection":{
"id":"{collectionId}"
}
}

Hope this helps!

Hi @Joe Duffy 

This works perfectly thanks!

The one detail I want to check is that besides specifying the ‘Collection’ a board should be added to, would it also be possible to creation a ‘Section’ within an existing board?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated, thanks

Ewan

Hi @Ewan Farry 

You can add a section within an existing board by using this endpoint:

PUT https://api.getguru.com/api/v1/boards/{boardId}/entries

Request Body:

{
"actionType": "add",
"boardEntries": [
{
"entryType": "section",
"title": "{sectionName}"