Solved

AND condition for Knowledge Triggers

• 6 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey! 

What would be really beneficial is being able to use “AND” statements in the Knowledge Trigger setup. 

For instance, we have different processes for False Positive investigations depending on the product - so we could have have IF Conidition 1 is ProductA AND IF Condition 2 is “False Positive” use this Knowledge Assignment.

It would really let us customise and recommend content in specific situations, while the ML learns what to recommend at specific times.

icon

Best answer by June Zhang 7 October 2021, 19:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Ben! 

We actually do support AND conditions with Knowledge Triggers already :heart_eyes:

Take a look at step 4 in the top section of this Help Center Article. Here you’ll see that you can add a second Condition in the creation step to create an AND. 

Let me know how that works for you in customizing your Knowledge Triggers. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Ben! 

We actually do support AND conditions with Knowledge Triggers already :heart_eyes:

Take a look at step 4 in the top section of this Help Center Article. Here you’ll see that you can add a second Condition in the creation step to create an AND. 

Let me know how that works for you in customizing your Knowledge Triggers. 

Hey June,

Thanks for your response, so I might need to raise a Support Case in that case, because I’ve got a number of those examples set up, but they seem to have an “OR” condition associaited with them, not “AND” example below:

Before I do, would you mind confirming please?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Ben Sykes! Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for this screenshot. There does seem to be a bigger issue -- it could be a bug or it could be something you’re doing in the set up process. I’m going to escalate your question to our Technical Support Team, and they’ll reach out directly to you to investigate further. 

Appreciate your patience as we work to figure this out together. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Ben Sykes ! I’m going to follow up here as well to help out others in the Guru Community. :smile:

In the screenshot that you shared, it looks like the trigger that you have set up is for the exists condition. In order to set up an AND condition, you will need to use the equals condition. At this time, Guru does use OR logic for equals conditions. The difference between the two triggers is as follows:

• "Equals" Triggers: Surface knowledge based on a field and its value
  • "Exists" Triggers: Surface knowledge if a word or phrase appears on the page

You can see #4 in this article on how to set up an AND condition with an equals trigger:

You're right that being able to set up an AND condition with the exists condition is currently a product limitation of Knowledge Triggers, and you can definitely create a post in our Product Feedback section in order to share this feedback with our team. Thank you!

Hey @Ben Sykes - my name is Jake Sauer and I’m on the Product Design team here at Guru. We recently kicked off a project to improve the overall Extension experience, with a focus on Knowledge Triggers.

Two question for you:

1. Have you recently tested whether the above issue is still happening for you? When testing with my own instance it seems like equals and exists can both be a conditional of the same trigger and will only surface the assigned cards if both are true (AND).
  2. We’re looking to better understand how teams are using Knowledge Triggers and where specifically we should be focusing our efforts for improvements. If you’d be interested it would be great to set up a 30 minute chat to dig into your usage and any other pain points you’re experiencing. If that sounds good I can send along a proper invitation so we can schedule a call.

Thanks so much!