Solved

Annnouncements analytics export issue

• 3 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Guru team!

Per this page regarding announcement, any user regardless of the role can view and download readership report from the Announcements section in the Card history.

We are figuring out a way how Team Leaders in our department can see these data for their teams without us giving them the Collection Owner roles - we checked with a couple of our Read only users if they can access and download that data, however, when they click Export data, they get an error message Export unsuccessful.

Is this expected behaviour, meaning the Read only users can view the data but not export it or is it actually a bug?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Marie Frei 7 November 2023, 17:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Lucia Delicova, thanks for asking. I’m able to replicate and am checking on this internally with our product team. I’ll be back as soon as I have some more information to share. 🤓 (CC @Steph Hardy)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Lucia Delicova, thank you for your patience while we researched this one! 

The “Export data” button is visible to all roles in Guru, however, it’s expected that the read only users will see the “Export unsuccessful" message and cannot download the data. The advice in the help center article was wrong and I’ve since corrected it.

The product team also sees the confusion the visibility of this button can cause for read only users. There’s no ETA for an update to this page in the product at this time, but it’s on their radar and I’m glad I could get the documentation corrected. Thanks again for surfacing this!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Marie Frei thanks for getting back and for the update!