Assigning a Group to a Group

Maybe this isn’t the way it’s intended, but while building out Groups, I wish there was the functionality to include a Group within a Group.  For example:  I have Sales - Account Executives and Sales - Sales Development.  Looking to also create a more general “Sales” group that contains both of those.

1.) Is this the wrong approach to Groups?

2.) Has anyone else wished for this (couldn’t see anything in product improvement section)?

@Tim Tognacci I haven’t come across this need personally, but I can see how that would be useful. Can you share an example of how this would be helpful (e.g., in relation to permissions, announcements, etc. of these groups)?

@Chris Anderson, sure thing.  Here’s what I envision:

Let’s take our Sales team for example.  We have Account Executives, SDRs, our leadership team, and subject-matter experts.  These all would be separate groups in Guru, due to permission setting for collections, cards, etc. to own, author, or be read-only.

I’d still like a group that contains the entire sales team to send out knowledge alerts out to.

Now, I could create another group in Guru for “Sales Team - All” and manually add everyone to it.  Or, what I would love to see, is the ability to add groups to a larger group in Guru.

This way, I only have to manage users in the individual groups (AEs, SDRs, etc.) and I’d know that the “Sales Team - All” would contain everyone I needed, without having to manually update a second group.  And this is the group that I would send knowledge alerts out to.

It would also help with permission organization.  Instead of adding all the individual groups to a collection as read-only, I could grab the entire team (that contains the individual groups within the larger group).

Hope this makes sense - let me know!

Very helpful, thanks for the additional context @Tim Tognacci! I’ll go ahead and convert this post to an Idea so others can vote/comment and it can be considered by our Product team alongside other ideas shared here in the Community. Thanks again!