Solved

Can you keep the Guru Slack integration from posting newly created Guru Cards in a channel?

Userlevel 3
Badge
Is there a way to keep the Guru Slack bot from posting newly created Guru cards in a channel?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 March 2021, 19:34

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
It sounds like there might be a Slack feed set up. Maybe someone got the wrong channel?
Hey @faile! You can go to the Guru app in Slack and enter `list feeds` to see a list of your active feeds, and remove any you don't want. More on how to set up and manage Slack Activity feeds here.Setting Up Guru Activity Feeds in Slack
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hmm -- we don't have any feeds set up. If I create a card from a message in the user-feedback channel, for instance, a notification about the newly created card appears in user-feedback. Is there any way to turn that off (or would designating a specific feed channel do that?)
Userlevel 3
Badge
Oh I see what you mean. I'm not sure there's a way to turn that off but it would be a good Ideas i think!
Got it. No there isn't a way to do this currently, as I think the assumption is that folks in the channel would appreciate knowing that the knowledge was captured in Guru. Happy to log as a feature request though @faile! Any other context you can share on why this would be helpful?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Ha, I'm actually for it! But since I've found myself capturing knowledge from escalations channels, my manager is concerned that it's too noisy in a channel where there's a lot of folks who don't use Guru and will find it annoying.
Userlevel 3
Badge
It's possible to use a reactji to send a message to another channel. That might be a workaround! You can send the messages you want over to for ex #guru-content and then create the cards from that channel.
Good idea @siobhan! More on how to do this if you're not familiar @faile: https://app.getguru.com/card/TnnkXyLc/Setting-Up-a-Guru-Card-Request-Workflow-in-Slack
Userlevel 3
Badge
Ooh that's super helpful, thank you @siobhan and @chrisanderson!
Userlevel 3
Badge
This worked brilliantly! My manager is happy and so am I 😁 Thanks y'all!

Would like to add an upvote to be able to switch the card created confirmation message off for Slack. The work around is adding an additional move/process step that we don’t really need. We can delete the card immediately but of course that still pings to the thread…