Does anyone have fun examples for a "Meet the Team" section in Guru?

• 28 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Hey y'all! Anyone have fun examples for a "Meet the Team" section?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Laura! Happy Holidays! At Guru, we have a "My Story" board, where every employee creates a card using this template to introduce themselves to the team. We mirrored this approach in the Guru community instance as well! https://app.getguru.com/card/yiybBxji/My-Life-Story-Template
Love this!! 😍
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
We do something similar too! It's its own collection, and we offer every new team member access prior to their day 1. We ask questions about their role, their favorite ice cream, city, etc.
I love the idea of adding them prior to Day 1!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
We do the life story cards too and it's a great way to help new users get familiar with creating and editing Guru cards. My team also enjoyed reading other people's fun facts to inspire their own life story cards!
@kfretz I didn't even think of that! I posted the template and my own card last night, hoping to see our team add their own this week :crossed_fingers::skin-tone-3:
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Nice! @Laura Nelson Here's a picture of our Meet the Team board ... i also use Sections to group it by department, and then list the employees in alphabetical order for easy scanningscreenshot2020-12-29at41110pm_5309.png
Smart!! We haven't expanded Guru outside of CX yet (still using notion company-wide) but how cool would it be to have these for everyone!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
We need to get on the emoji game like Bread does, but here's Postscript's *template* card that all team members use!image_5311.png
Userlevel 2

Hi @Katie Chatterton - here’s that Life Story template we discussed and even more great ideas from other teams. This will be so great for all your Onboarding in 2022!