Question

Guru for white paper?

• 27 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Gurus,

I am new to Guru, hoping to use it as a tool for presenting and managing our project white paper. Something similar is done with Gitbooks.

Anyone have any warnings, tips or thoughts on this endeavor?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Gabriel B ! I hope you are doing well and loving Guru so far! I believe I can offer inspiration, but want to ask a few questions first to understand your use case - what team is owning the project process and how do you define white paper? 

On our end, we’ve published a few white papers. They live in Guru in the Marketing collection → Sales Assets board group.

Once a white paper is published, the card looks like this!

This blogpost (focused on engineering teams) includes some inspiration and templates as well for a collaborative process. Depending on what team is working together on your white paper and how technical it is, this could help! 

Hey

Thanks for your reply! that’s looking fairly good.

Originally i was looking at gitbook. but I didnt like the UX on creating things. Guru felt better to me in that regard.

the main reason is I need a robut and editable whitepaper for our gaming projects.

I can show you one example that I think works very well. https://whitepaper.axieinfinity.com/

So ideally im looking for something that can publish in this way. Neat with sections and sub content lists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh that makes sense! You can definitely accomplish this with Guru, and distribute verification to different folks who are in charge of keeping certain sections of that white paper up-to-date if multiple folks are involved. 

An example that comes to mind is one I recently built for our frameworks in the sales collection. We recreated a sales playbook that was organized with board groups, boards, card sections, etc. i’ll include some pics, but I recommend having an intro to the white paper collection / index card that can act as a table of contents for folks to click through to what they need. (help center article about card to card linking here). 

Sales Playbook Example: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Index card example (Shout out to @Shona Fenner , who shared this at a previous Deep Dive)