Here is a workaround for find + replace functionality in Guru!

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello! I know a lot of people have asked about find + replace functionality. One of my team members recently wrote in to Guru support about this, and they shared this workaround: https://app.getguru.com/card/TeE45Knc/Google-Sheet-for-Find-Replace. I don't think I've seen this mentioned here, so I wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else!

8 replies

Userlevel 2
WOW! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sure thing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for sharing @bethanne! This is in our queue to add this in the Help Center soon by the way :slightlysmilingface:
Userlevel 1
👋 we just updated the sheet to support bulk replacements, so if you've got 5 or 500 terms you want to replace, you can enter all the pairs and do the replacements all at once!
You'll need to make a new copy of the base sheet to get these updates.
If you've got any feedback -- we're all ears! I happy to see the response here and I'm glad you find it helpful!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Excellent, thanks!

Hi @Rob Miller and @BethAnne Freund! Thanks for this resource - seems helpful! I’m trying to use it but am running into an error (404) in the Status column when I attempt to Save Changes. 

Also, the original term that i’m trying to replace is not being captured on many cards. For example, the sheet is telling me that 1 card will be affected by this change even though I’m expecting multiple cards affected by this change. 

Can I get some guidance here? 

Userlevel 2

Hey @Niti Patel! Caroline from Guru Technical Support here :wave: I’m happy to troubleshoot this with you further! I’ll have a couple additional questions to ask you so I’ll reach out to you directly via email so we can get this resolved. 

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone! Just wanted to update here that this spreadsheet currently has a bug in it, that we are working to fix. So don’t use it just yet! I’ll update this post when the fix has gone out