How are you using Guru for competitor battle cards?

• 29 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hello Guru Community 👋

I've been talking to fellow product marketers about how to approach competitive intel and I wanted to ask how are other Guru users organizing and maintaining their competitor battle cards?

We've been talking about how to decide which competitors merit a full analysis, when to make a battle card for a category (vs. updating a large number of company battle cards), and the role of competitive intelligence platforms in the process. For example, part of our process at my last company included embedding Crayon reports into Guru cards using iframes so sellers could have up-to-the-minute info on a specific set competitors. @kelly I know you were talking about Crayon+Guru several months ago in the Community--would love to know how it’s going! 

At Guru, we’re working towards organizing our competitor materials by category. Here’s a peek:

:point_right:Square has provided a great battle card template that you can download and use

I'd love to hear from folks here how they are tackling this aspect of sales support and the role Guru plays in the process! @Deborah Sanderfur @Katie Vermilyea @Allie Sokoloff I hear you may be working on this kind of initiative and your input would be awesome :grinning:

1 reply

Userlevel 2

As a followup to this question, I wanted to share a blog post we just published yesterday that discusses how to automatically send relevant Guru battle cards to sellers in Slack using Workato’s Guru and Gong connectors. Read on to learn more!