How can the Guru Slackbot be automatically added for all users?

• 19 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Question regarding the guru slack bot. Some users experience the app automatically added to their slack and some say they have to add the app. Does anyone know what steps need to be taken so that the app is automatically added in slack for all users?

Anonymous 3 years ago

Hi @abehm! Once you've enabled the Slack integration for your Slack workspace via Guru, users shouldn't have to add the Guru app themselves in Slack - it's automatic. Maybe some users mistakenly think they need to add it manually? Or they've reported not being able to search for cards, for example, without manually adding it?
View original

3 replies

Hi @abehm! Once you've enabled the Slack integration for your Slack workspace via Guru, users shouldn't have to add the Guru app themselves in Slack - it's automatic. Maybe some users mistakenly think they need to add it manually? Or they've reported not being able to search for cards, for example, without manually adding it?
Userlevel 3
hey chris. sorry I'm just getting back to this. users are reporting that they need to click on slack apps and then add it (i've watched several do it for my own eyes!) know how we can push it to everyone?
Hey @abehm - It should happen automatically as far as I know once you set up the Slack<>Guru integration. I'm passing this to our Support team to follow up with you and help troubleshoot!