How do you monitor your Guru tags?

• 9 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
How do you keep an eye on tags as people will definitely add new ones? I don't see a report that will show tags added in last X days or tag added by Y user. We've redone ours and even though we're going to ask folks to not add new ones, they probably will if they don't see the one they want :slightlysmilingface:

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
might not help you at the moment but in the Zapier beta, you could get a trigger for when new tags are created that you could hook up to Slack for a DM or a private channel notification
Userlevel 3
Badge
ah nice! i'll make a note of that.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Looking to learn more about how people do this as well!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kelly Thanks for bumping this post! 🙌🏻I would love to hear how other customers have thought about organizing/managing tags on their team.

We do have some Guru resources on this topic:

Lastly, internally we use Card templates and add reminders within the template of which tags to use, which can prevent users from adding tags incorrectly: 

I hope these resources are helpful - would love to hear any thoughts, questions, or other ideas below!

Userlevel 4
Badge

+1 to @Ian Link’s Zapier recommendation. I created a Zap so that when new Tags are added, the Tag is logged in a new row in a Google Sheet. Love the idea to post to Slack, too!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am confused by this...Aren’t admins the only users who can create tags? Therefore, a range of wild tags should not really happen? Unless using AI suggest?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @David MacVicar, that’s correct, and Authors (but only in the Collections in which they have Author access). I think that’s where the interest in moderating tags starts to creep in, especially if the pool of Authors is quite large.