Skip to main content

Our save to .pdf puts double spacing in the pdf and loses much of the formatting. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hey Patti, Caroline from Guru here 👋🏻 thanks for sharing this! This is expected behavior of an export to a PDF due to how PDFs present content from a different editor. I hope that context is helpful! 

Actually, that answer is not satisfactory. I consider it a programming shortfall if GURU cannot output to a .pdf in the same format that it displays the cards.  The output function does not produce a readable (and therefore usable) printout. No matter how much we would like to have a paperless society, prints still have their use.

Do you have a better way of sharing content with those outside our internal GURU community?

Hey Patti! Apologies that this is causing trouble for you and your team. For context, how PDFs render varies based on the tool used to open the file, so unfortunately there isn’t a way to optimize for all of the variability. If you are looking to print out the content, a PDF would be your best path forward, but if you simply want to share content outside of your team, you may want to explore our Public Card functionality, which allows you to share a link to an individual Card outside your workspace. 

I hope that is helpful! Happy to chat further if you have additional questions. 

I’ve never heard of a file rendering differently with different .pdf readers. I thought that was the point of having a portable document format. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020. Is there a setting within Acrobat Pro that I can set so it matches more of the format shown in GURU? Is there a setting in GURU that would render the output closer to what is viewed within GURU? The double spacing and loss of bullets make the current .pdf printout hard to follow. I’ve resorted to copying and pasting the GURU text into a Word document and then outputting it into a .pdf from Word. This is time-consuming and a bit low-tech for such an amazing app as GURU. 

I will look into the Public Card functionality. I have to think about setting cards to be viewed outside of our group. Using the print function means they get only the info viewed at that point in time, whereas setting cards to be viewed outside the group means they can continue to view it until the public view option is changed. Right now, we don’t have procedures for setting card permissions.