Solved

Specific action "Card File Link Viewed"

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all - 

The “Card File Link Viewed” is one of the many actions the analytics tracks. We don’t have any files attached to our cards, so I’m wondering what else this action might include or reflect that I’m not considering, as we definitely show records of the action. Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Marie Frei 21 November 2023, 17:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Lynn Miller 👋 This is really interesting! I share the interpretation of what “Card file link viewed” means. It’s possible to check for Cards with file attachments using Card Manager > Filter by Attribute > File Attachments (at the very bottom) > select “has file”. If this list turns up empty, my next thought is that user permissions could be at play here, causing a difference between what Cards can be seen in Card Manager versus what results appear in analytics. As of June, admins now see data for all the collections in the workspace, even the ones they don’t have permission to. Let’s start here and then we can dig deeper with @Marina Remick and team if needed. 🤓

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for that guidance and I should have checked there first. When I look in the card manager 34 of our 3000+ are showing files (and some do have them despite my guidance against them ha, but some I’m perplexed b/c I don’t see any), but regardless the 34 cards alone wouldn’t generate the number of that specific action I’m seeing in the analytics. 

Also, as admin, I’ve set all the collections up to where I have access to everything.

For example, in one of our collections (now 118 cards, only 4 showing a file in the card manager) we had 26,479 actions since 1/1/23 and 2,529 of them are of that specific action (I am listed quite often at taking that action, but have never looked at a card file link until now, particularly since I didn’t think any of our cards have them.

Let me know if I can provide more context. No urgency from my end, but as I start to use the analytics more, I do like to make sure I have a full understanding of them before I share with my stakeholders. It’s also possible I could be overlooking something too. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just to close the loop on this one for anyone following along: we learned the “Card file link viewed” metric tells us how many times people have looked at the files and images that are attached or embedded in a Card. For example, if a user views a Card that has 8 pictures, Guru counts 8 'file link viewed' events, even though they're all part of one look at the Card. As a result, the number might seem higher than expected. It’s a good learning and thanks again for raising this question, Lynn!