What is your company's post COVID strategy?

Userlevel 1
Hi everyone! 📣 I'm curious about your company's post COVID strategy.
Have you transitioned fully to a remote-first style? Or did you go for a hybrid model? OR, are you requiring employees to return to the office - if so, what target date have you set for a return to office?

12 replies

Userlevel 1
@katie.vermilyea, @allie.sokoloff, @gsmith, <@UNDEN3NBV>, @caroline.svenson, @eburgin @zev Since we spoke about COVID + NYC Offices in the past, I thought I would check back in :slightlysmilingface:
Userlevel 3
My company is HQ in Chicago - I am remote in NYC. But our Chicago plan is TBD looking to July for partial in person. Nothing has been finalized, but they are talking about having some people in the office 2-3x a week and other days remote at least to start.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Our Workplaces team just did a survey around RTO in January to gauge interest, and we're looking at employees who want to work from the office between 1-3 days/week.
We're still in the process of building our RTO strategy, but the plan is to probably have a hybrid model, esp. since we were in the middle of sourcing office space for our NYC office prior to COVID and that process would be starting over again.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@jess392 I know our Workplaces lead is running this and loves to talk to anyone she can find about it. Happy to intro you two if you'd be open to it!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
We are targeting early July for back to office optional, I don't think anyone will be expected to show up 5x a week. Our engineering team is fully remote though that's the biggest change.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
We went remote-first, but someday our San Diego office will re-open (not anytime soon).
Userlevel 1
@katie.vermilyea Yes! I would love to chat!
Userlevel 3
We are now remote first as well, but our NYC office is open for those who want to come in at whatever frequency they want. Our plan is to have frequent meetups for teams to ensure we still get that in-person feeling / collaboration
Userlevel 1
Thank @renee.osgood! When did you guys make the transition to 'remote-first'? Did you allow relocation and did your company adjust salaries?
Userlevel 3
Hi @jess392 you are welcome! Ceros made the decision early on in July when it was clear COVID wasn't going away. I think the decision was made more easily in that our whole product team was already fully remote and doing regular meetups with success, so they were able to help guide the rest of the company in working this way. There are many team members that have relocated (many from NY to FL, for example). To my knowledge, salaries have not been adjusted.
Userlevel 1
Thanks @renee.osgood
Userlevel 3
you are welcome!