Solved

When using the "Ticket Linking" feature, can you see what Cards a ticket is linked to?

• 31 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
When using the "Link to Ticket" feature, has anyone figured out a way to see what Cards a Ticket is linked to? In Zendesk, if I'm looking at a ticket, I want to easily see that someone has linked this ticket to the appropriate card without needing extra steps. We're using to track product feedback and bugs so there can be more than one linked card per ticket. I was thinking perhaps some kind of API call that could populate a Google Sheet and filter for that Ticket ID. Google Sheets can be added as a sidebar in ZD, so maybe somehow there's some magic that could work there? Or if the Guru Extension could show what cards this ticket is linked to -that would be stellar!
icon

Best answer by Mary Houston 1 April 2021, 16:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @siobhan - within the extension, whenever you are hovering over a ticket - you can click Settings > Ticket Linking Report to see what cards have been linked to that ticket. See this video for steps.
If you would prefer a Google Sheet report of all tickets and the associated cards linked, you can use this Google Sheet. Open our sheet and do
*File > Make a copy so you have an editable copy of your own*. *Enter your username and API token* in the designated cells. Wait a few seconds for the data to load. It loads in batches of 25 rows so it may take a little while for all the data to load. Optionally you can filter using the start/end date fields.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey thanks @mhouston! I had no idea that was there!! Thanks so much
Userlevel 3
Badge
Follow up - is that new? I feel like it wasn't there before because I had looked into this a while back when we first started using Guru and I remember asking about it. It's possible I've entirely forgotten 😄
Userlevel 4
Badge
The "Ticket Linking Report" button the in the extension? The report button was apart of the Ticket Linking feature release. We did do a smaller release for specific customers before we released it to all customers on 2/20/20, so maybe your ask was the inspiration 😍
Userlevel 3
Badge
amazing! glad i haven't been overlooking it all this time 😅 thank you!
Userlevel 3
Badge
oh! 2020 not 2021. 🤦 i am pretty sure that got memory-holed if i did see the update since the country i was in at the time went into lockdown shortly thereafter. 😬 anyways i'm super glad that is there and think our new process is going to go over well for the whole team 😸
Userlevel 4
Badge
what year is it?
Userlevel 4
Badge
^ also me :slightlysmilingface: