Question

Finding cards without tags

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I can’t find a way in card manager to find all cards without tags. Only to find cards with a specific tag.

I would like to find all my cards without tags and begin tagging to help our team find things better with tags. 

Is there a solution for this? It’s got to exist and I’m just overlooking something simple.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Caleb J!  Molly from Guru’s Digital CS team here!  You’re not overlooking anything - it’s currently not an option in the UI.  What you can do is export a list of cards from the Card Manager and use spreadsheet filters to see which cards have no tags.  

• From the Card Manager check off some of the cards (or all of the cards) you want to review. 
  • At the top click the icon to Export these cards. 
  • Select Card Details and Analytics and Export Cards.
  • After a few minutes you’ll receive an email with a CSV export that you can open in a spreadsheet. 
  • In the column titled tags you can filter to find the cards that have no tags. 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Molly Vogt This seems like a UX miss - and a prime use case for Card Manager. If you can find cards with tags, why not be able to find cards without tags?

Same boat - would love to view those without tags, especially as ‘including at least two tags’ is recommended in sample governance and is thus the policy we’ve adopted.