Hey Community 👋
We’ve heard from our users that the hierarchy of Board Groups, Boards, and Sections can make it challenging to organize your content in Guru. Each level behaves a little differently, and users can’t store Cards at some of these levels.
That’s why as of today today, Guru has migrated all teams to a familiar “foldered” structure. The Board Groups, Boards, and Sections you’ve already created are now folders. This means you can move Cards to any level of the hierarchy–including storing Cards at the Collection level.
This new hierarchy will make it easier to organize your content, as well as making it easier for users to browse and find what they need.
Here’s what’s changed:
- Your existing Board Groups, Boards, and Sections have been converted into folders.
- Your content hasn’t moved.
- You can start moving Cards to any level of the hierarchy.
- Collections have an updated, cleaner appearance that removes the Board Group, Board, and Section icons.
- The Cards Not on a Board area at the bottom of each Collection has changed:
- If you have zero Cards not on a Board, this area will no longer appear.
- If you have one or more Cards in this area, it has been converted into a new folder labeled “[Legacy] Cards Not on a Board.” You can move Cards out of this folder and delete the folder when you’re done reorganizing.
- The drag and drop experience will be smoother and more consistent.
We’d love to hear how you’re using the new, flexible, foldered version of Guru! Leave a comment here and share your thoughts.