Question

Error in using API with collection token

Hi,

How can I can access search API - https://api.getguru.com/api/v1/search/query  using collection token. I am getting 401 error.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Neha, Marie with Guru Technical Support here! 👋  Sorry to hear you’re getting a 401 error when executing that query. Can you please double-check the credentials you’re using to authenticate?

When using the search for Card query to search for Cards within a specific Collection, you’ll want to enter the Collection ID as the username and the issued Collection token as the password. 

If you need help locating the ID for the Collection you’ve issued this token for, there are two different ways to accomplish this:

1. Use a user token to get all collections on your team, or,
  2. Navigate to Card Manager, Filter by Attribute by the Collection name (select the “is in Collection” name from the Collection drop-down in the right pane), then click the Copy filters as JSON button just to the right of where it says Filter by Attribute in the right pane. Paste this text elsewhere on your computer and you’ll see the Collection’s ID is included in the pasted text.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help with! You can also chat myself and the Support team directly at any time by navigating to your avatar in Guru’s web app and clicking Help and Resources > Contact Guru Support, or by emailing support@getguru.com. 🤓

Thanks!! Marie, able to access now.