Solved

Advice for Guru set up

• 3 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Good morning.  My name is Rob Mueller and I’m spearheading the launch of Guru for the Clean Energy Sales Team (50 seats to start) with my company, Generac. 

We are starting the 30 day implementation package with Guru this week.  Looking for advice or best practices to get going or community threads here that are valuable for newbies.  We have been using the free version of Guru for the past 30 days.

A little but about Generac Clean Energy: This division at Generac (Wisconsin) was created in 2019 with the purchase of 2 company’s, Pika Energy (whom I work for in Portland, Maine) and Neurio (Vancouver, BC).  We have since grown with the acquisition of a few more companies with lots of employees and information in many, many silos.  Seeing a huge opportunity we were able to get approved to get Guru with 50 seats to start.  This will be a pilot with the hopes that it will be adopted by a wider audience going forward.  

Thanks in advance for your time with this.  Really looking forward to getting Guru up and running.

RM 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 March 2022, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Hi @Rob Mueller, first off, welcome to the Guru Community! I’ve shared some resources below that you’ll hopefully find helpful, but if you have specific questions or areas you’d like input on, please let us know!

We have sooo many resources across our Help Center, Community, blog, etc. and I know it can feel overwhelming as you’re just getting started. Please ask any specific questions you’re wresting with - we’re here to help!

@Chris Anderson Thank you for the prompt response and the resources.  Really appreciate the support. I will review and ask questions as needed.  

We would agree that the base structure is really important to get right.  We created our own but I’ve also been looking at templates.  We are planning to launch our instance and a collection for our sales team to start but I’m pushing that this will catch on quickly and we will be adding collections for other departments (support, engineering, marketing, etc).  When we nail the Sales team launch then it shouldn’t be too hard to expand.  This help center article really spoke to our needs as a sales team.  

Thank you once again.

RM