Any tips for training your team on how you organize Collections?

• 15 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello. For those of you that are switching to Guru from using another product, do you have a "start here" card/board to help your team navigate your collection(s)? Thank you in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey, Laquize! We have a Guru Guide that lives in our references collection in Guru. It's an overview card that links in tips for using Guru: How to navigate, how to search using filters, how and why to favorite cards and boards, etc. It outlines our Guru logic and helps people find the info they need.
We didn't start out with this, but once we taught everyone how to really use Guru, our adoption rates went up, and it became a lot easier for folks to find the info they needed more quickly. I'd highly recommend it! :slightlysmilingface:
Userlevel 3
Badge
Yes! we generally ensure that the description of the collections are up to date
and have a board at the top with "Getting started w/ XX collection" and this card in this
In addition, there's a Guru Board with tips and how tos of common Guru tasksimage_6013.pngscreenshot2021-06-15135058_6013.png
Userlevel 2
Badge
Wow, you are all the 💣 lol. This is so helpful! A references collection is such a good idea and the screenshots are super helpful. Thank you so much! Sometimes I'm like "wow Laquize, how come you didn't think of that before" lol.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
HA! I was just thinking that about myself when I saw Michelle's screenshots - using colors for section headers to break up info within a card. BRILLIANT.
Userlevel 3
Badge
i'm also super annoying and pushy about guru haha! but the more you remind them, the more they will think about it and use it.
we try to push to search a lot more, especially with the chrome extension and slack integration, so they are context switching less
@tom.wannell tagging you for the above example, 'how to get started with XX collection' - might be one to consider

@Laquize Bassey we have a “How to navigate this Collection” at the top of every Collection, which includes the following Cards:

• Collection overview, standards, and ownership
  • Glossary and tags
  • Templates and important Cards/Boards

Here’s an example from our engineering Collection: