Are any of you managing facilities or re-opening offices in the NYC area?

Userlevel 1
Are any of you managing facilities or re-opening offices in the NYC area?

10 replies

Copying in some NYC folks for visibility and possible input: @katie.vermilyea, @allie.sokoloff, @gsmith, <@UNDEN3NBV>, @caroline.svenson, @eburgin
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@jess392 I personally am not, but we have a Sr. Workplaces manager who is wrestling with these questions and the "Future of workplaces" who is exploring this. Would be happy to make an introduction.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Never knew half of y'all were in NY too, so fun!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@kyle.chang
Userlevel 3
Hi! I am based in NYC but my office is all in Chicago. (and they have no plans to open any time soon)
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@jess392 Our People Team is doing an AMAZING job of working on our re-opening plan... we're also moving offices, so that's just a whole nother level of craziness. Feel free to email :slightlysmilingface:
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
We opened at 30% capacity a few weeks ago in Flatiron. It's definitely intense -- only certain desks can be used so people are spaced out. Our Bevi machine now has a QR code so you don't have to touch the screen lol. I think it's helpful for the folks who are not happy working at home every day, but the majority of employees are not rushing back to that kind of office environment.
Userlevel 1
Nice to meet you all! Once things have calmed in NYC, I would love to host an "Ops" Meetup in our office.
Userlevel 1
@kfretz That makes sense! What is your total headcount for the office and about how many are you seeing come to the office on a daily basis? Did you guys install shields at desks? Or are people so spaced out that it is unnecessary?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
We had ~120 ish in the NYC office pre-covid. I haven't been in the office yet but I would guess maybe 5-10 people a day are going in? We didn't install shields at desks, we opted for only making certain desks available (6 ft apart) so you have to reserve your desk each time you go in. Our company is likely not going back to everyone being in the office everyday, so I'm not sure what will happen post-vaccine etc @jess392 Happy to chat further if helpful!