Question

Auto Archived cards linked to other cards

• 26 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have not fully embraced auto archive yet but want to give it a try. In order to build out my expectations and SOP accurately when reviewing “soon to be” auto archived cards, do I need to ensure the card is unlinked to all/any other cards to prevent a negative user experience. For example:

1. If the auto archived card is linked to another published card, will the link remain present on the other card or will it be automatically removed for any/all cards when auto archived?

2. If an archived Guru card link remains on another linked card, typically the title of the card is present if using Guru link to another Guru card feature. I assume this could potentially allow the archived card link (title) to appear in search results or generative AI source card, Is this correct?

1 reply

Hi @Linda Moore

Thanks for reaching out - love to see you are thinking about your approach to auto-archiving Cards! I’ll answered your questions as listed 😃

1. If the auto archived card is linked to another published card, will the link remain present on the other card or will it be automatically removed for any/all cards when auto archived? - The Card link will remain present on a Card that is linking to an archived Card. This will still appear as an active link, but direct someone to an error message like the example below when clicked on:

To prevent this, you can track which Cards are linking to which Cards through the “Card History” area of any individual Card:

You can make the proper adjustments prior to any Card archiving. 

2. If an archived Guru card link remains on another linked card, typically the title of the card is present if using Guru link to another Guru card feature. I assume this could potentially allow the archived card link (title) to appear in search results or generative AI source card, Is this correct? - You are correct - the title of the archived Card will remain on any Card it is linked from which could affect search results. In order to avoid the spread of misinformation, I recommend following the steps outlined above to ensure that information is where it needs to be.