Solved

Changing the verifier into myself automatically verifies an unverified card

• 15 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi guys!! Whenever I change a card’s verifier into myself, the card gets verified automaticaly (even if it was unverified originally). We ran into problems because we changed the verifier for 30++ cards in Card Manager, and I reassigned some unverified cards to me so I can be the one to review. but then they got automatically verified. Since it was 30++ cards it’s hard to track which cards should be tagged as unverified. 

Is there a way to maintain the verification state when I assign a card to myself? 

icon

Best answer by Marie Frei 24 March 2022, 18:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Jennyvine! Thanks so much for your question and your feedback. 😄

When you’re in a Group holding Author access to the Collection containing the Cards you’re about to claim Verifier responsibility for, the act of your setting yourself (or the entire Group you’re a member of) as the Verifier is what triggers those Unverified Cards to shift to Verified.

To locate the recently Verified Cards again, in Card Manager, try filtering on “Last Verified Date” (the date you made yourself the Verifier) plus “Last Verified By” (you), and the “Collection”. This should help narrow the focus so that you can decide if you want to take the step of bulk editing the Cards to an Unverified state. 🔍

One way to prevent this from happening again is to ask the current Card Verifier (or different user with Author access in that Collection) to edit the current Card Verifier to your username. This will turn the Cards to Unverified and will help you see an accurate  Verification tasks list.

Please let us know if you have any thoughts or questions about this topic! 😄