Do you have best practices for presenting large amounts of material in a Guru Card?

Userlevel 3
Best practices for presenting large amount of material that is housed on a Guru card? I want to avoid copy/pasting it into a powerpoint, but I find the Guru card isn't always the easiest to read when presenting on a large screen. Any best practices here? Curious how Guru presents the material for lets say a new product roll out when you have a lot of material in a card you need to showcase and speak to?

13 replies

Userlevel 3
and to follow that - maybe an "impossible" feature request - ability to convert a guru card to a power point so you can present and skip manual creation of a PPT
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@allie.sokoloff this is a great question! I'll cross-post it in the Archive to drive some traction for you.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@allie.sokoloff I love your question so much. My approach with Guru is to understand it's purposes vs what other tools in my tech stack should deliver (LMS, etc.). I'm not sure your structure, but I actually build out our e-learning or content and put need-to-know reference material as Guru cards that are referred to as "takeaways" accordingly to incorporate post-session.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
For example, I worked with our HR team to build out Performance Review training for managers. I build out the deck first, then synthesized what key takeaways (ratings definitions, feedback framework, etc.) should be in Guru card within a *Performance Management* board.
Userlevel 3
Makes sense! Ideally wanted to avoid having to create another layer of work (by creating a PPT), but to your point - know what purpose each tool serves!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
The other option is this pro tip from @chrisanderson that's saved me hours of heartache: https://gurucommunity.slack.com/archives/CNRMU5RLP/p1588274773079200
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I actually use this to embed our Pitch Decks into Guru cards for our ad-hoc content management. Might work for sharing our your presentations if you wanted to flip the order.
Userlevel 3
Thanks! I am trying to move us away from embedding slides bc they aren't "quick" to gather info from when you want info now (sole reason why Sales finally adopted and embraced Guru!!). but good option to include it also on the card!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@allie.sokoloff Oh, I know that struggle SO WELL. Totally agree with you there.
Userlevel 3
ha the struggle is real 😞
Userlevel 3
I think what well do is powerpoint to present and Guru card as follow up (with presentation iframe if added info in it). Extra work - but maybe what we need to do to train
@allie.sokoloff great questions, and thanks for all of the awesome tips @katie.vermilyea! Here's how we format our feature breakdown cards, as an example of a card with a good bit of content: https://app.getguru.com/card/iqG9E6ET/New-Feature-Feature-Breakdown
Userlevel 3
Thanks!!