Do you have tips on using Guru emojis in Slack for adding Cards from Slack into Guru?

• 16 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
👋 hey everyone, happy Friday. Quick question for those using Slack Reacj channeler. I'm trying to find a good workaround for the limitation on using the same emoji for different channels/purposes. I'm assuming most people are creating a different emoji for each purpose , is this the case or do you have any other suggestions? I really like the Guru brain emoji, and I wish I could keep using that consistently across the different channels.

4 replies

@mirna.lessinger you could put a different colored square behind the brain image to have it be used in different channels? Also curious what others have done though!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@mirna.lessinger Do you mean you want to be able to use a different reacji - depending on the channel - to send to the same destination channel? How do you have your reactji channeler set up?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
@aberman I wanted to have separate "queues" (e.g., channels) per product and I wanted to use the same emoji/reaction, the Guru brain. But we can't use the same reaction for all of them. I ended up creating a single "add to Guru" channel, and we use the same emoji/reaction no matter what product the post is about.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Ah yep, that's what I would do! You could, if you wanted to triage that channel - have another reacji per product area that you used to sent it to different channel queues - but that's some reacji channeler inception!