How are other teams managing data erasure requests under GDPR?

• 14 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
This isn't exactly related to Guru, but I'm wondering how others are managing data erasure requests under GDPR. Do you have an automated system you direct users to? An internal process of asking each dept to see if there's info and delete? We get a lot of these and I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle them.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
@siobhan great question! I'm going to check with our internal comms team and see if they have any ideas on best practices
Userlevel 4
Hi @siobhan! Sorry for the delay here—here's what I heard from our internal comms and security teams!
1. We have documented best practices in Guru, which ensures coordination between involved internal teams and the customer.
2. We have a process for documenting each request as it's completed
3. We follow up with any external vendors if needed
Overall, our security team's summary is: "we have a process, but each request is handled as a separate action requires manual coordination. Our system isn't calibrated to the point where we can erase everything through a single dashboard"
They also said they'd be happy to have a consult call with you if you'd like!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks Sydney! That's actually pretty much what our process it at the moment as well 😉 Hopefully in a couple years there will be an easier way to handle this whole shebang!
Userlevel 4
absolutely!