Solved

How can I embed a website in a card?

• 9 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, we have just launched Getguru internally and started looking into cards, boards, collections etc. We have a website that’s continously updated, with all our team members, and I would like to link and embed to that page in a card, as to avoid doing double work. Is that possible?

Best regards
Charlotte

icon

Best answer by Callie Rojewski 9 March 2022, 16:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Charlotte! So excited to hear you’ve launched Guru internally. To answer your question, it depends on how the team members are updated on your webpage. Your embed options depends on the code of that element on your website. 

You can embed any content that has an embed code into a Guru Card by copying the embed code as a Markdown block. Check out these help center articles for further instructions: 

I know building out your Guru instance can take time. If you still run into blockers with the code/embed options, I’d recommend simply adding the link to the Card and adding context within the Card so it shows up in Guru search.

Even though it’d be ideal to have the information up-to-date in Guru, we do recommend linking to content if: 

• If it is written in long-form content (think, a research document)

• If it is a particular-use program that has specific editing capabilities for that asset (think, a Google Sheet—I’d say your website page falls into this category)

Folks can still easily access the information in the right, updated place. You can test this and get feedback from your users on the experience they’d prefer and revisit embed options again depending on the friction users feel.

Hope that helps! We’ll be talking about structuring content and user testing in our April Deep Dive and would love to have you there if you’re interested. You can RSVP here!