How can I spice up my cards with more design elements? Would love any examples!

• 1 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

We are using the Guru Knewsletter template and really love it. Our previous solution was more of a deck someone presented on video and was dynamic and had a lot of fun design elements. I’m feeling a little stuck thinking how to bring our card to life and still be fun. I was thinking of maybe creating some graphics on Canva for headers for the different sections or adding gifs, but just feeling a little lost. If anyone else has been successful in hacking any fun design elements, I’d love to see your work. Thanks so much :pray:

Callie Rojewski 2 years ago

I love the idea here @Nina Frank ! So glad you could hop in with examples @Shona Fenner . Here is a link to some help center articles on the markdown feature if you want to play around with options: 

I agree that emoijs, graphics, colored fonts, gifs, embedded pics and videos are your best bet. Here’s a great place to pull emojis: 

Here are two screenshots from our Ops newsletter and Guru knews (company-wide newsletter). We use custom graphics or emojis, match the color of the heading to our branding, and take advantage of pics or screenshots. 

Our CX team creates very pretty and digestible VOC Cards - here’s an example of our Hopin Card from your visit at VOC (account information whited out)

Hope this helps! You’ll have to come back and show us how things turned out :)

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I use images a lot in mine, from simple stuff like logos on the competitor battle cards, to fun gifs on process cards. 

Also, somebody else pay know where this lives… but awhile back I found a Guru resource that showed the markdown needed to display banners at the top of cards (use cases: warnings, restricted content notice, alters, general context.) Here’s what I’m talking about:

Userlevel 3

Thank you so much!!! I'm going to look into this :eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I love the idea here @Nina Frank ! So glad you could hop in with examples @Shona Fenner . Here is a link to some help center articles on the markdown feature if you want to play around with options: 

I agree that emoijs, graphics, colored fonts, gifs, embedded pics and videos are your best bet. Here’s a great place to pull emojis: 

Here are two screenshots from our Ops newsletter and Guru knews (company-wide newsletter). We use custom graphics or emojis, match the color of the heading to our branding, and take advantage of pics or screenshots. 

Our CX team creates very pretty and digestible VOC Cards - here’s an example of our Hopin Card from your visit at VOC (account information whited out)

Hope this helps! You’ll have to come back and show us how things turned out :)

Userlevel 3

Callie, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!! This is so incredibly helpful, I so appreciate it. I’m a little confused still on the exact markdown code I need for a banner at top? I could be missing it though…

Thank you so much though, I’m updating our Knewsletter as we speak...launching next Monday! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Nina Frank Maybe you’ve already found it by now, but the Help Center article on Markdown has a link to this card with the exact code for a few different kinds of banners: https://app.getguru.com/card/RcAndBGc/Custom-Banners-using-the-Markdown-Block-in-the-Guru-Editor