Is there a quick way to get a list of Slack channels where Guru cards have been used?

• 10 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi all! - Does anybody know if there's a quick way to get a list of Slack channels where Guru cards have been used?

Dillon Head 3 years ago

Hi Mirna, you've probably already done this, but I believe the simplest way to do this is to search "guru" in the slack global search. This will return all references to Guru, including links. The other search that you'd need to do is search all of the messages from the Guru app. That should capture the guru app posts of cards directly into channels.

Of course that's a super manual way to do it and may not capture every instance, but I just tested and I believe it returned every card that's been posted in a public channel since we adopted Guru. The much more robust way would be to scrape all public channels using the Slack API.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Mirna, you've probably already done this, but I believe the simplest way to do this is to search "guru" in the slack global search. This will return all references to Guru, including links. The other search that you'd need to do is search all of the messages from the Guru app. That should capture the guru app posts of cards directly into channels.
Of course that's a super manual way to do it and may not capture every instance, but I just tested and I believe it returned every card that's been posted in a public channel since we adopted Guru. The much more robust way would be to scrape all public channels using the Slack API.
I'm not aware of another way to do this, great suggestion @dillon! @mhouston any Slack + Guru API magic that could be used for this?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
It would be great if we could see this in the Guru analytics tab @chrisanderson :slightlysmilingface:
I'll share that feedback w/our product team @mirna.lessinger!