Skip to main content

Disable Workspace Creation for a given Domain

My org has recently been experiencing an issue with newly invited endusers somehow managing to create a duplicate (blank) workspace instead of signing into the correct workspace.

Help & Support recommended posting here to bring visibility to the issue and request a feature to dissallow the creation of Workspaces / Teams for a given domain

Thanks for the heads up Mark! Out of curiosity, what is the general timeframe of these occurrences? The past couples months? 

Thanks for the heads up Mark! Out of curiosity, what is the general timeframe of these occurrences? The past couples months? 

Seemed to start occuring with our 8/1/23 hires

We use SSO auth via Duo and don’t invite folks to Guru until their first day.  It’s likely that they’re trying to access (and thus end up creating a new team) the site  before they have access to it.

SP-initiated SSO would also help

@Mark Gaeta While we didn’t add specific controls to prevent this, we added a significant amount of friction to the workspace creation process for new users which from our end has eliminated duplicate workspaces. I’ll be marking this as complete but if it continues to be an issue please let me know

OpenComplete

CompleteOpen