Integration for Outlook app

Related products: Apps and Integrations

I know this sounds regressive, but I've been asked (a few times now), so what does Guru think about an add-in for the client version of Outlook?
@pwickes it's something we're actively working on and excited about, however timing of release is a bit hard to know, as it relies on the review and approval process from the Outlook team. We'll share updates on timing of release as soon as we can!
thx!

Hey @Paul!

I just wanted to circle back here and let you know that we actually do have a Guru Add-in for Outlook!

You can find more details about it here.

I hope that solves the need here, but let me know if there’s anything else you were looking for.

Updated idea status OpenComplete

Hi Jon, I can see the guru button in Outlook for desktop when composing an email but is there no way to have it display in the Home ribbon in the Inbox message list without having to open an email/create new? thx!

Hi @Stace Hamilton! Thanks for the feedback. 

You are correct that right now, the Guru button only exists when composing a new email. Would you mind including a screenshot of where you are looking for it? I would also love to learn more about the use case or problem you are trying to solve by adding the additional access point. Thanks! 

Hi @Jon Saft  I was just thinking if the button were placed anywhere on the Home ribbon in Outlook it could be used as a way to pull up all the knowledge cards.  More times than none we have people looking for knowledge outside of composing an email. It could be as simple as finding an HR policy and that way they dont have to create an email to find the card. if that makes sense?

Totally makes sense! I’m curious if the Chrome extension might be a viable workaround here? It’s not accessible from the Outlook desktop app, but it does make it easy to find things like an HR policy when using any other browser-based tool.

If I am misunderstanding your use case, feel free to reach out directly. Would love to learn more!

@Jon Saft I’ve recently stopped using web Outlook and now use desktop Outlook. And now I feel the pain of not having the Guru features in the desktop version. Some use cases:

1. I receive an email and want to select some info in it and send to Guru as a new card.
  2. I search my inbox for an old email that I remember contains some valuable knowledge. When I find it, I want to select the text and save to Guru.
  3. & 4. As above, except instead of wanting to save knowledge from the received or retrieved email to Guru, I want to highlight some content in the email and right-click and choose Search Guru.

Because the Guru Add In does not do much for the desktop Outlook app, I now need to return to using the web Outlook - which is not as good as the desktop Outlook. I’m basically having to compromise on my email functionality in order to continue using Guru.

Hope you can provide some update on the Outlook Add In for desktop Outlook!

Thanks