Happy Guru Anniversary! Congratulations on one whole year with Guru, AND finding yourself at step eight of the Guru Anniversary Challenge.
Today we’ll be identifying our Guru Power Users from your year with Guru.
Who are your Top Guru Power Users?
- Web App: Go to the web app (app.getguru.com) and head to the Analytics Tab
- Head to the Users Section in the Analytics Tab
- Change the date range to be “in the year XXXX” - Note: you may want to adjust this, depending on what window of time you’d like to measure with Guru. I recommend matching this to your approach in Step 1! Decide on a timeline and keep it consistent for reporting to come.
- Look at the bottom left section “Usage by User”
- Download CSV
- Import CSV into a spreadsheet tool like excel or Google Spreadsheets
- Find the sum of usage counts for each user for the whole year
- Sort the sum column by descending
- Find who rises to the top!
- Usage encompasses all Guru active user events, including each time a user views, copies, searches, verifies, or edits a Card. There will always be fluctuations, but overall, strong teams will continually reach high usage levels.
- It’s important to decide how you want to measure power users. Are you interested in power users for the year, or within this last month? This could happen for a variety of reasons - maybe you recently hired a bunch of folks and want to include them in the metric, etc. Whatever you decide, make sure to clearly communicate your logic!
- You can use this metric as an opportunity to highlight engaged users from different groups (i.e. which Sales reps were top power users).
Who are your top power users? Don’t forget to share findings after completing the Guru Anniversary Challenge in this post to grab your exclusive badge!