Hey y’all! Today we dove into when and (when not) to make knowledge hires. Shoutout to our panelists
At the beginning of the Deep Dive, we walked through how you can:
Assess your organization's knowledge maturity (hint: use the knowledge maturity model, linked below)
Elevate internal subject matter experts to make the most of your team's capacity
Find signs of burnout, low engagement and “group ownership mentality”
Define your knowledge hire’s job description and KPIs
Next, we talked to panelists in sales enablement, support, and internal comms team roles from Figma, Stuart, and Guru and learned [11:34]:
- Why each team brought on Guru
- What roadblocks they were hitting that made them bring on human resources
- What the responsibilities and KPIs are of knowledge managers roles
- Tips for a new knowledge manager joining a team who wants to establish their value and role internally
So … is it time for a knowledge manager? Now that you’ve watched the Deep Dive and reviewed the resources, are you inspired to put them into action? Let us know what your next steps are below!
How valuable did you find this Deep Dive? Share your thoughts!
Save the Date:
- Sign up for October’s Deep Dive: Creating a Knowledge Council
View the recording: