Hey everyone! At this week’s Guru Deep Dive, we talked about structuring content with Guru. Shoutout to our speakers
Structuring content in Guru
Learn how to effectively organize content in Guru to enable your end user.
Map your knowledge
Optimize your content for search discovery
Analyze the behavior of your end user
How did they do it? Here are some pro tips from customers and the Guru team!
- About Jag and Wealthsimple
- How Jag’s team audited and mapped their knowledge
- Jag’s recommendations for knowledge mapping
- About Lindey and Noom
- How Noom tackled their findability challenge by conducting user-testing
- How Noom’s user personas help them maintain and optimize their content over time
- Guru Academy Course: Structuring Content in Guru
- Help center article (includes content mapping exercise template): 3 Tips for Creating Content in Guru
- Help center article: Importing collection frameworks
- Help center article: Migrating content from other places into Guru
- Community post: Structuring permissions
Continue the conversation. What questions do you have about structuring content in Guru? What has worked for you? Share your question in the Q&A section of the community and/or jump into this community conversation here:
Share your feedback. Now that you’ve watched the Deep Dive and reviewed the resources, are you inspired to put them into action? Let us know in this Deep Dive Feedback Form for the chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!
Save the Date. Look forward to May’s Deep Dive on Guru for Different Teams on May 19th, 2pm EST