Solved

Create, invite, and remove users with the API

• 15 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

As an Admin, I would love to be able to create/invite (and remove) users through the API. Is there a way to do this? Imagine being able to set up Users directly from a list of emails in an Excel spreadsheet using Power Query. So easy and quick!

icon

Best answer by Mary Houston 15 July 2020, 17:22

View original

6 replies

Thanks so much for sharing these requests @geoff.richardson! I've passed them to our product team, and am copying @mhouston here as well for visibility.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @geoff.richardson! You can create/invite users via our API. Here is a card with more documentation. We are going through an audit exercise of our developer documentation and will be exposing these use cases on our developer site - so keep the use case ideas coming!
Userlevel 2
Thanks @mhouston, that's great news! Is there a similar API call to remove users too?
Userlevel 4
Badge

Missed that part! There is no way to Bulk remove users via the API, but we offer two different endpoints to remove a single user via the API. Please use these endpoints with caution since removing a user from a team could cause unintended consequences for verification of content:
• `DELETE api/v1/members/{email}` This call requires no request body and will delete the user without replacing a verifier to any cards this deleted user is responsible for. A successful call will return a 200 status.
• `DELETE api/v1/members/{email}/replaceverifier` This call will delete the user and replace the verifier. If they have verified content in numerous collections, the "collectionVerifiers" key will take a list of collection objects, examples below.

Replace with an individual verifier:

{
"collectionVerifiers": {
"xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx": {
"type": "member",
"id": ""
}
}
}

Replace with a user-group:

{
"collectionVerifiers": {
"xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx": {
"type": "user-group",
"id": "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx"
}
}
}

Userlevel 2
Thank you again Mary. You keep knocking them outta the park!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Would ya believe me when I say we use Guru to store/surface this knowledge 😂 Let us know if you have any other questions around API capabilities