Solved

Guru, Zapier and Slack

• 9 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone!

I’m hoping to automate some tasks with Zapier.

Looking at some other community topics, I’ve set up some Slack bots:

• a zap where we get a notification in Slack if the trust score drops + the verifiers and # of unverified cards
  • a zap when we get our score back up for some positive reinforcement

I also want to set up a zap where any new hire on our team will automatically get an invite to join Guru.

I was wondering if any Guru users here has experience with setting up a zap for sending invites to only new team members (currently I can send an invite to everyone in the company but I really don’t want to do that)

And if anyone has other Zap ideas!

icon

Best answer by Joe Duffy 9 February 2022, 23:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Alice Jin!

Glad to see you’ve already been able to set up some Zaps utilizing Guru and Slack!

In order to accomplish what you’re looking for, you’ll just have to set up a simple Zap that follows these steps:

• Trigger: New User in Slack (using your Slack app/connection)
  • Action: Invite User in Guru (using your Guru app/connection)
    • In the “User Email” field, select “Profile Email” - this is the email address the user was set up with in Slack, and it is the email address that the Guru invitation will be sent to

Note that the Zap will trigger only once the user accepts the Slack invitation.

Please let me know if this is what you’re looking for or if you have any questions!

Have a great day!

Joe

Userlevel 2

Hi Joe!

Thanks a lot for the helpful response.

Is there a way for me to filter out newly invited Slack users that are not in my team? I tried to add a Zapier filter but I haven’t discovered any option that would work.

Thanks,

Alice