Solved

How do I create a new card using the API and add it to a folder (formerly "board")?

• 15 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to create a new card and add it to a specific board. Here is the code I have. Everything is working correctly, but I am not able to get the card to show up on the board.

collection: { id: 'COLLECTIONID' },
preferredPhrase: 'My New Card',
content: 'The content for my card',
shareStatus: 'TEAM',
boards: [{
action: {
actionType: 'add',
id: 'BOARDID'

}
}]

icon

Best answer by Joe Duffy 16 August 2023, 00:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Neil Essig!

With the recent updates to our hierarchy within Guru, we have switched from Boards to Folders. Would you mind trying out the snippet below instead?

folderIds: ['folderId1','folderId2']

We realize we have a vendor issue with our API documentation around this particular endpoint and are working to get it fixed.

Thanks!

Joe

I am trying to create a new card and add it to a specific board. Here is the code I have. Everything is working correctly, but I am not able to get the card to show up on the board.

boards: [{
action: {
actionType: 'add',
id: 'BOARDID'

}
}]

Sounds like you've got the right idea, but there might be a small detail missing or an API constraint. Have you checked if the board ID is correctly specified and that the necessary permissions are set? Also, ensure that your API endpoint accepts the structure you're sending. Keep at it, you're close

Thanks @Joe Duffy ! That did the trick.