Question

Is there a way to automatically notify the card creator when a comment is posted..

Badge +1
Is there a way to automatically notify the card creator when a comment is posted without having to individually tag them? This would be similar to the functionality in Google Docs.

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Hassan! If you use our Zapier Beta app, you can set up a trigger whenever a Card is Commented on and filter on cards with a specific author. Here is one I built for myself and I get my notifications in Slack - https://zapier.com/shared/c73e091e6aaa4bcf3aecd6a86335d12382ad3a2c

Badge +1
Thanks, Mary! What if I'd like to have a setting system-wide? For example, if I send verification requests, people are notified via the Slack App. It would be nice to have the same functionality for comments.
Badge +1
Speaking of verification requests - is there any way to automate these via Zapier (or something else altogether)? Something like: Every Tuesday at 10 a.m., if trust state of card is untrusted, notify verifier?
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Hassan, yes! You could expand this system wide by removing the filter that looks up the specific owner and add the Slack action to find a user by email - I update the Zap for you to try https://zapier.com/shared/c73e091e6aaa4bcf3aecd6a86335d12382ad3a2c

Userlevel 4
Badge
For your second question, Zapier also has a scheduler functionality you can use with our Card Unverified trigger
Badge +1
Thanks Mary!
Unfortunately, I was unable to get these working. It seems like for the first one, I'd have to add all the emails to the filter step as directly pulling the "Last Verified By" email address doesn't seem to work. Is this what you experienced? As for the second, the Card Unverified trigger only lets me select one collection instead of our entire Guru knowledge base.
Badge +1

Update: For the first one, I got this one working: https://zapier.com/shared/e635de9ca582981993beb263a5e075bc93ca0268

Badge +1
Weirdly enough, a Collection Owner received a comment as I was testing even though I didn't @ him in the comment
Badge +1
Were there changes made to the comment system and so the @ isn't necessary anymore?
Userlevel 4
Badge

That is great news! For new comments - The Card verifier and anyone @mentioned in that comment will be notified. For replies in the comment section - Anyone who has participated in that comment thread and anyone @mentioned in that reply will be notified. More details on card comments and notifications can be found here.

Userlevel 4
Badge

It looks like you may be sending a DM to the user who made the card comment and not the card creator. Who exactly are you trying to notify? The verifier or the original author? You will need to include the "Find Guru Card" step to pull the metadata of the card verifier and/or original author.

image_2411.png

Badge +1
I realized that shortly after haha, updated!
Badge +1
Would you have an example where you were able to get the Card Verification Zap working?