Managing Jira ticket status next to link in Card

Userlevel 1

Our team lists known issues in the Guru card that covers the feature or subject the KIs fall under. For example, we have a card titled 'Inviting and managing new and existing club members' which contains information about these features along with any related known issues. Currently, the known issues are written into the card with a hyperlink to the Jira ticket. If the Jira ticket is updated or resolved, that change is not reflected on Guru until a member of the team manually edits the card. What are your recommendations for handling this? It would be wildly helpful if we could embed a custom Jira search into a card so that any updates to Jira tickets are immediately reflected in Guru. While I understand there's an API-based method available to pull Jira tickets into Guru so that each ticket is a card, but we'd like to keep multiple Jira tickets listed within a single card instead of listing them as multiple cards.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
is there any way to use Zapier to update the card? or get Jira to send a Slack notification to a particular channel so someone can update the card?
Userlevel 1
I appreciate the suggestions! I'll have to explore Zapier as I'm not familiar with what it can do in Guru. Slack notifications for solved Jira tickets matching a particular query certainly sounds doable though. We'll have to consider that option.