Questions about automating card verification when a user adds a card URL to a specific field in Zendesk

• 29 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey Team 👋 I'm working with one of our devs to build out an MVP for automating card verification when a user adds a card URL to a specific field in Zendesk. It's built on Rails. We've a couple of questions we're hoping you could answer. We can't find any reference to the verifier endpoint in the API docs.
- Would it be possible to get an example of a POST updating a cards verifier via the `https://api.getguru.com/api/v1/cards//verifiers/` endpoint? An example in Ruby would be amazing, but curl would be fine too.
- What are the required fields for this request?
- We're also wondering if it's possible to update the verification interval without also having to "update" the `preferredPhrase` or content by sending the same current value?
Our previous MVP used the `https://api.getguru.com/api/v1/facts//extended` endpoint but we'd like to work around updating the title/content with every request. Can you recommend an alternative?

5 replies

Great questions @ruairi.murphy, exciting to see what you're doing with the API! I've pinged someone to see if they can weigh in, so hang tight and we'll get you some answers asap.
Userlevel 1
@ruairi.murphy here are sample payloads for that POST call to change a card's verifier. These both show the minimum set of fields needed for each:
```[
{
"type": "user",
"user": {
"email": ""
},
"id": ""
}
]```
and if you want to set a group as the verifier:
```[
{
"type": "user-group",
"userGroup": {
"id": "bcb506b3-fe4e-4099-b39e-296c0757b525"
},
"id": "bcb506b3-fe4e-4099-b39e-296c0757b525"
}
]```
Userlevel 1
For updating just the verification interval, I'll have to do some digging and get back to you. I'm guessing that passing in the same content/preferredPhrase is not ideal because you just have the ID of the card you want to update and don't know its title/content?
Userlevel 1
Thanks Rob, much appreciated 🙌
Yes, that's essentially the case. Otherwise we'll have to pull the card content and pass it back, which isn't an optimal solution as there'll never be an instance where we would need to modify the preferredPhase/content for our use case.
Userlevel 1
Hey @ruairi.murphy I double checked on this and we don't have a call just for this but this use case makes a lot of sense and we'll definitely take this as feedback.
Some other operations, like archiving a card or adding a tag to it, do have individual API calls.