Solved

SSO with Outlook add-in

• 3 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Is it possible to sign in to the Guru Outlook add-in with SSO? In my case, my organization uses SAML SSO with Azure Active Directory. When I install the add-in, I’m presented with the sign in options from the website. However, I am unable to log in with a username and password; Usually I sign in by using a saved link to one of our collections, which automatically redirects me to the SSO if I’m not signed in.

Help on this would be appreciated, since we’re hoping to roll out the Outlook add-in to our users at some point, but this is a bit of a blocker.

Thanks,

David

icon

Best answer by David Rhoads 10 October 2022, 20:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @David Rhoads 👋

Thanks for your question! Would you mind trying the following steps?

1. Log into Guru’s web app through your Azure SSO
  2. Open Guru’s Outlook add-in and click the sign in button
  3. This should present you with a token in your browser
  4. Paste the token in the space provided in the Outlook add-in

Let me know if this works for you - if not, I’m happy to jump on a screen share with you to sort this out.

Thanks!

Joe

Hi @David Rhoads 👋

Thanks for your question! Would you mind trying the following steps?

1. Log into Guru’s web app through your Azure SSO
  2. Open Guru’s Outlook add-in and click the sign in button
  3. This should present you with a token in your browser
  4. Paste the token in the space provided in the Outlook add-in

Let me know if this works for you - if not, I’m happy to jump on a screen share with you to sort this out.

Thanks!

Joe

Hi,

I tried this, but I just get a “wrong email or password” error. I should have specified before, but I’m using Outlook Web App.

Thanks,

David

This was resolved by using the Guru Chrome extension. No SSO option was ever displayed in the Outlook add-in, but signing in to the Chrome extension (which did work with SSO) automatically logged in the Outlook extension.