Solved

Zap: Adding users to Slack channels when group is assigned in Guru

• 18 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello!

I am attempting to use the Zapier zap where a user is added automatically to a Slack channel when their group is added/adjusted in Guru. 

I’m stuck on the step asking for a user. I see every user currently in our Slack instance as an option. It’s a required field.

Is it possible to set up this zap so that anytime ANY Guru has their team adjusted, they’re added to corresponding Slack channels? Or do I have to set up this zap for specific users each time? 

icon

Best answer by Joe Duffy 19 September 2023, 19:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Reba Mitchell 👋

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re looking to add a user to a Slack channel when that user is added to a group in Guru. You can accomplish this in Zapier by configuring a Zap with the steps outlined in the screenshot below. In step 3, you’ll want to use the Slack ID that you get from Step 2.

Let me know if this works for you!

Joe

Userlevel 3

Hi Joe!

Thanks for that super speedy response! I might be misunderstanding the capability of this Zap. What I’m looking to do is: 

1. Anytime ANY user is added to a Guru group
  2. That user then gets invited to relevant Slack channels

But-- the user fields in the Zap are tripping me up. Do I need to set up a new zap for EACH user, each time I want this to happen? Or is this something I can set up for ANY time ANY user’s group is adjusted in Guru? 

Feel free to Slack me if this instance is too specific for the community forum :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Reba and I connected over Zoom, but for those interested, the Email field in step 2 needs to be populated with the User’s Email that we get from Step 1. Then in Step 3, we invite the Slack ID that we get from Step 2.