Solved

Zapier App Deprecation Notification

• 2 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I was notified this morning of the deprecation of Guru Zapier app version 1.0.4. When I go into the Zap, I am unable to find an acceptable version to use. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Notification:

Zap:

icon

Best answer by Ian Link 2 September 2021, 20:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Ian Link - you will have to add the latest Guru app to any zap where you were previously leveraging the 1.0.4 app. Here is a video of how it would look to switch to the latest version. https://www.loom.com/share/8a77f7d430f249ce84f1ac40cc5d07c5

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you, @Mary Houston . I have done some testing and it looks like it only impacts updating from the deprecated to the new. If you attempt to select Guru from the App list, you get a blank App name and no events. You have to switch to another app, then switch back to get the latest version of the Guru App to work.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Ian Link - I cannot replicate that unfortunately (I just tried [video] to go from a deprecated version to the new version without the blank app error). This may be an issue with the Zapier platform itself? If this continues, I would recommend reaching out to Zapier’s support team. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If anyone else gets this weird glitch, this is how I fixed it.

1. Change the action step app to any other app and save config step
  2. Change the action step app back to Guru
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Ian Link - I cannot replicate that unfortunately (I just tried [video] to go from a deprecated version to the new version without the blank app error). This may be an issue with the Zapier platform itself? If this continues, I would recommend reaching out to Zapier’s support team. 

Try the above steps first. If anyone else gets this weird glitch, this is how I fixed it.

1. Change the action step app to any other app and save config step
  2. Change the action step app back to Guru