Question

“Public Guru Answers” for end users vs. "Guru Answers" for internal teams

• 1 June 2023
  • 2 replies

As a platform owner, I would like my end users to use Guru Answers, that uses data from ONLY specific cards or Collections.

As a platform owner, I would like my team to use Guru Answers, that uses data from ALL cards or Collections.

Is it possible to segment what data Answers gives, to what groups of people? In this use case, there would be a “Public Guru Answers”, just like you can share cards publically. But the “Public Guru Answers” only has access to data that is made for the public, and not for the internal team.

Is this feature available, or else, where can I add it as a feature request.

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Great question @Matthew Wilkinson —today, the answers a user will see can pull from any of the content they have access to. Thank you for sharing this use case—this is the right place to share feedback on Answers for now! 

As a platform owner, I would like my end users to use Guru Answers, that uses data from ONLY specific cards or Collections.

As a platform owner, I would like my team to use Guru Answers, that uses data from ALL cards or Collections.

Is it possible to segment what data Answers gives, to what groups of people? In this use case, there would be a “Public Guru Answers”, just like you can share cards publically. But the “Public Guru Answers” only has access to data that is made for the public, and not for the internal team.

Is this feature available, or else, where can I add it as a feature request.

Good morning Matthew! :)

The card control functionality is currently available through the collections/group/user hierarchy. We manage it by

1. Creating one or more collections
  2. Assigning the collection(s) to a group
  3. Assigning the group to a user

Guru Academy has a great video on this. https://academy.getguru.com/admin-structuring-your-content

Hope that helps you out! :) 

Make it a magnificent day! :)