Active Announcements: like a pop-up

Related products: User Experience

I love announcements when we have product or procedure updates, but the front-line teams still need to actively click on the link, read the updates and click ‘I read it’. I’d love to have the ability to take over the screen (like a Digital Adoption Tool) when we have specific announcements that an entire team needs to view before the product or process goes live. 

I see this for internal end users “LOOK WHAT’S NEW!” We see some of this in the world today like and AMBER ALERT or TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM. Companies have them as well and sharing product updates and changes critical to their day-to-day in a pop-up would be great to have. 

Our teams are in guru every day, I don’t know that an announcement pop-up would need to be in their native systems. It could pop in the web app the next time they refresh, or in the chrome ext again when refreshing. 

This is a feature I would use several times a week with a rapidly growing product and customer service center. 

My teams would greatly benefit from a Product update that puts new announcements in front of employees with ease. Some of our employees have very low read rates across historical sent announcements.

I love the feature for authors that shows how many cards are in your drafts and verification queue on the Guru homepage. Maybe this could be updated to also include the # of unread announcements? 

We have Guru integrated with Slack, which is lovely for reminding folks of unread announcements, but as mentioned above, it requires multiple clicks to actually access, read, and mark announcements as read. Any way this could be more inclusive in the Slack channel? 

I agree with the above. Currently finding announcements is too many clicks for employees. An announcement is to declare information of importance. But currently announcements are hidden behind “Tasks” then “Announcements” then “click to say you read it” it’s set-up to fail. 

Announcements should be front and center on the homepage which states what is clearly unread.

Of second importance would be allowing for the announcement to be read in the Slack App as well as be able to select that you’ve read it directly from Slack. 

Our teams are in guru every day, I don’t know that an announcement pop-up would need to be in their native systems. It could pop in the web app the next time they refresh, or in the chrome ext again when refreshing.

I agree with the above. Currently finding announcements is too many clicks for employees. An announcement is to declare information of importance. But currently announcements are hidden behind “Tasks” then “Announcements” then “click to say you read it” it’s set-up to fail. 

Announcements should be front and center on the homepage which states what is clearly unread.

Our team would love for Guru Announcements to be sent out as pop-ups front and center of the web browser. When announcements are sent out, it would be ideal for them to be sent as pop-ups to everyone on the platform. Moreover, announcement pop-ups that would appear front and center of the homepage would ensure that everyone who logs in would see it first. 

Having this would be a huge improvement for the Announcement UI. I look forward to seeing this in the future.

Our team would love for Guru Announcements to be sent out as pop-ups front and center of the web browser. When announcements are sent out, it would be ideal for them to be sent as pop-ups to everyone on the platform. Moreover, announcement pop-ups that would appear front and center of the homepage would ensure that everyone who logs in would see it first. 

Having this would be a huge improvement for the Announcement UI. I look forward to seeing this in the future.

Hear! Hear! :)