Allow users without edit permissions to a card be able to un-verify it

Related products: Knowledge Management Tools

is there a way to have a user request verification WITHOUT being able to edit the card? for ex, someone can be working a ticket and notice that something is out of date or incorrect but they are not on a team which should be updating the info on the card. Read Only users can't request verification.
I would love for this feature suggestion. I've just been telling people to comment on the cards. If I get a comment, I know the card needs to be updated, which truthfully, is a lot more helpful than just flagging something as unverified and not knowing exactly what part of is outdated/needs to be updated.

Perhaps, it might be better to add a button to the comment area, where if you leave a comment, you can also request the card be unverified until the question is answered?

But then you're leaving the user with too much power to unverify cards 🤔
Thanks for sharing @siobhan @bwayne, I can definitely see this being useful too! I've passed this along to our product team.
i think comments can get lost! and comment + unverify can help both visually and with content (as brooke points out). thanks chris!
Love the "request verification", but not sure it should unverify the card entirely, in line with the conversation above. Maybe make that feature optional? I personally don't want read-only folks being able to unverify cards. Maybe up the ante on how comments work for when they have questions? Totally a need my team feels.

Context: This will absolutely depend on the org and how they use Guru, but my users constantly ask questions about whether a card is still valid or not. They don't have any reason to believe the card is invalid, they're "just checking". Just checking creates enough extra work as it is, I can't imagine if those also added to the verification queue for our very small knowledge team.
@lbartell I agree - that's why I was waffling at the end. Everyone uses Guru differently, but my org uses Guru comments as a way of flagging content that needs to be added/updated by me/other Guru subject matter experts (SMEs). We don't necessarily manually unverify content unless it's majorly out of date and needs more time to be fixed.

Maybe we need to introduce a different icon between the :whitecheckmark: and ❗that serves as a visual indicator that there's comments on that particular card? 🤔
❓ :slightlysmilingface:
Unverified changes the state and can put it in a queue. A comment is just a comment. Having a way to change the state to put in a queue for review is what I would like. There's also an opportunity for expanded role permissions as well.
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.