Analytics for comments on cards

Related products: Card Creation Analytics

I would love to be able to export comments as a csv file, or set up an integration so that every comment auto-updates a Google Sheet. Right now I track all the comments manually in a Google Sheet along with an actioned? column. We use it for performance reviews to highlight the contributors that keep our docs up to date.

Great suggestion, thanks @bwayne🙌 Appreciate the context on your current approach too, that's really helpful.

I think this might be possible, but are there any API calls for comments on cards? This just gave me an idea to set something up (in theory) that would send Guru card comments to a Slack channel - since we discourage commenting in favor of keeping everything in Slack (bc it's yet another queue to keep track of.)

I know this an older post but we are new to Guru and we would heavily use this ability to pull data on comments.  It would be helpful to see the type of comments our users are making to help guide our Effectiveness team to know where our gaps still are.  We could also use it as an incentive ploy to push our users to be more interactive and forward thinking. 

Agree with this. Comments and Questions both would be great!

Resurfacing this request. We too are using comments to flag content that is potentially out of date or inaccurate by the end user. As we ramp up our rollout/adoption, we see a need to at least centrally view all comments and measure comment analytics. Are there cards that receive a lot of comments, especially similar ones, where we need to focus more attention? Are there authors who need additional training on creating actionable cards or verification measures? Are there users who are abusing the comments? Insight into these areas would be incredibly helpful for our KM processes.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Adding in on this, it would be an absolute game-changer for us to have the option to have the automation with Zapier to be exporting comments automatically to a spreadsheet.

We’re manually adding them to a spreadsheet as often times we have to check the question with other stakeholders, so we categorise them to Quick Solve/Out of Scope, priority and status...last year we received over 1200 comments, so you can imagine the immense workload it means for us to be doing all of this manually. We’re six weeks into 2024 with average of 40 comments per week, which is about 50% increase YoY. 

We have looked into the workaround via API but considering the amount of cards and comments we have, it doesn’t work for us.

I, too, need visibility into comment data and analytics. I would love to see number of comments per month, per collection, per user group, etc.